200 Hour Yoga Teacher Training
Part Time Program
September 2019 - April 2020
Sold out for this session! Please be in touch if you’d like to join the waitlist. Registration for the 2020-2021 program will be announced here.
A yoga teacher training is the finest education in knowing yourself with compassion, cultivating a resilient body, and achieving mental clarity. This multi-faceted exploration of the practice of living and teaching yoga will engage you in a process of aligning with your highest self.
The part time yoga teacher training program is excellent for balancing education alongsidefamily and work obligations, as well as optimal digestion of the content. Small doses over a longer period of time sets an excellent foundation for ongoing practice and teaching.
As experiential and uniquely special as the yoga teacher training process is, here are some of the concrete things you will also learn…
• Posture and Movement Clinics that demystify “classic” yoga postures and emphasize a functional movement approach to yoga classes for accessible, effective practice
• Macro and micro frameworks of anatomy relevant to the practice and teaching of yoga
• Ayurveda, the sister science to yoga that encourages living in harmony with nature and honouring seasonal changes
• Yoga philosophy, including texts, conceptsand engaging them for living an ethics-based spirituality
• History of yoga, how it evolved in India and its journey to North America
• Modern yoga culture and Business of Yoga
• Hands-On enhancements and adjustments
• Communications and Effective Cuing
• Art of Sequencing Yoga classes
• Meditation and its benefits
• And much, much more…
This program is a healthful and nourishing blend of pragmatic methodology, discussion and exploration, creativity and practice. This program is a healthful and nourishing blend of pragmatic methodology, discussion and exploration, creativity and practice. It is an exceptional foundational yoga education, and you will leave with experiences and insight that will benefit you for life. an exceptional foundational yoga education, and you will leave with experiences and insight that will benefit you for life.
Dates and Time:
Each Teacher Training weekend consists of 3 days of programming running from 9 AM – 5 PM at Yogatown Stittsville.
Moderate hours and daytime education is excellent for energy levels and enjoyment of community.
• Participation in all training hours with any missed hours made up
• Fulfilment of course homework, which includes attendance of only 10 yoga classes, chosen at your own discretion and studio
• A practice teach that demonstrates integration of course material
• In-class presentation on a relevant topic related to the practice and study of yoga (examples: Neuroplasticity, Trauma-Sensitive Yoga, or Buddhism)