200 Hour Yoga Teacher Training
Part Time Program
September 2018 - May 2019
PranaShanti Yoga Centre
A yoga teacher training is the finest education in knowing yourself with compassion, cultivating a resilient body, and achieving mental clarity. This multi-faceted exploration of the practice of living and teaching yoga will engage you in a process of aligning with your highest self.
The part time yoga teacher training program is excellent for accommodating family and work obligations, as well as optimal digestion of the content. Small doses over a longer period of time sets the best foundation for ongoing practice and teaching.
As experiential and uniquely special as the yoga teacher training process is, here are some of the concrete things you will also learn…
- Macro and micro frameworks of anatomy relevant to the practice and teaching of yoga
- Yoga philosophy, including significant texts and conceptual frameworks
- History of yoga, how it evolved in India and came to North America
- Modern yoga culture and Business of Yoga
- Posture and Movement Clinics
- Hands-On enhancements and adjustments
- Communications and Effective Cuing
- Art of Sequencing Yoga classes
- Ayurveda, the sister science to yoga
- Meditation and its benefits
- And much, much more…
This program is a healthful and nourishing blend of pragmatic methodology, discussion and exploration, creativity and practice. It is an exceptional foundational yoga education, and you will leave with experiences and insight that will benefit you for life.
- Wednesday, June 27 at 6 pm
- Saturday, July 28 at 11 am
- Monday, August 13 at 6 pm
- Wednesday, September 5 at 6 pm
DATES + FORMAT:
The format of the program is comprised of Monday evening lectures, weekend lectures, an online anatomy course, self study and required yoga classes.
Monday evenings 5 pm to 9:30 pm
- September 17
- October 1 & October 15
- November 5 & November 19
- December 3
- January 21
- February 4 & February 18
- March 25
- April 8 & April 22
Friday 6 pm to 9:30 pm, Saturdays and Sundays, 11;30 am to 6 pm each day.
- September 7-9, 2018
- January 11-13, 2019
- March 8-10, 2019
- May 17-19, 2019
$2895 +HST before July 1st, 2018.
$3195 +HST after July 1st, 2018.
Payment plans are available.