Yoga teachers sometimes adopt a breathy voice that sounds like they floated in on a cloud. We turn to psychology, some trends in yoga culture, a wee bit of Ayurveda, and vocal anatomy today to consider...
- What is a voice, and how unique are our voices exactly?
- An example of yoga voice, and possible reasons that we may adopt certain yoga voices
- Ayurvedic constitution might influence your use of metaphors
- Why some people borrow cues from other teachers, and if that's karmically cool or not
- A troubling trend in yoga voices seeking authority in the field
- Vocal warmups so you sound your best before you teach
SUBSCRIBE + WRITE A REVIEW
If you like the podcast, please leave a review or rating on iTunes! It makes it easier for others to find the podcast. If you don’t know how to leave a review, here are some instructions to leave an iTunes review.Why are you talking like that? An exploration into what makes a voice, what is "yoga voice", and why we may do it.