Do you practice meditation to benefit your sports, or do you practice yoga and meditation because some sports aren’t so great for your head? Sid McNairy does both, and he shares his takeaways from a lifetime in sports, an early introduction to meditation, why yoga and meditation benefits athletes, especially those who have suffered concussions.
We also talk about…
- Teaching athletes, Sid’s background in sports, and how his parents encouraged him into sports to channel his energy
- Encountering meditation through team sports, and how meditation helps us predict the outcomes of our choices
- We talk about concussions, what they are and how meditation helps players with concussion heal
- The importance of positive incentives, including Dr. Emoto’s water crystal experiment
- How intervening on concussions has changed over the course of Sid’s career, and we disagree about the sensitivity to injury and concussion
- How yoga helps athletes open their gait to help them move faster, be more efficient and maintain stamina longer
- We finish on Sid’s Native American background, and how he wasn’t raised with it but has discovered his roots over the course of adulthood, including teaching yoga to the residents of a Canadian First Nations reserve
- Teaching people new to yoga and meditation and how they were converted from “We don’t know if we like this jerk” to “Oh, you’re one of the elders”
- Learning to be peaceful with ourselves and practice with levity
THE CATALYST Promotional Code
Interested in participating in The Catalyst Online Business School for Yogis? Go here and use the promotional code INTELLIGENTEDGE30 to save 30% off the course!
Sid McNairy’s classes provoke one to find freedom—an experience that begins on the mat and stays with you long after you step away. Building on the Power Vinyasa Yoga tradition, Sid guides students through a physically active flow intended to heal, detoxify and electrify body and mind at their deepest levels. Prepare to be invigorated!
It is through empowering others that Sid has made a mark on the world. His coaching background gives him a unique way of expressing and landing in the spirit of everyone in the room. You will find that as you practice with Sid your spirit is lifted to a higher place. Teachers have found that training with Sid gives them the space to express themselves like never before while gaining a powerful expression for being for others.
Sid’s incredible energy empowers everyone. Both beginners and advanced yogis find the space to modify postures, creating their individual experience. Underlining the rhythm the flow is always freedom—making way for a true experience of peace and love leaving one open to a state of love from within. One of Sid’s many gifts is his ability to instill the tools to make those shifts; leaving students feeling light, revived in spirit and empowered to continue what began in class, off the mat.
Sid has also launched his music debut with “Walk with Love.” You can find Sid on the “Walk with Love” tour throughout 2015. Download his music today on iTunes. Looking for words of inspiration? Check out Sid’s first book “Empowerment and Beyond.”
Practice with McNairy at his home studio, on a retreat, or in one of his signature workshops. McNairy’s style will empower all to reach their greatest potential in every way. Whether you are a teacher, student, athlete or walking the path, you want to take the opportunity to study with Sid and be ready to soar.