Exploring Sun Salutations and their mythology, we talk about how when we know something well, it brings certain good qualities and other challenges. I offer some thoughts on evolving our approach to Sun Salutations, including different approaches to cues, sequencing, and how to approach plank, wrist stability and spinal articulation in cobra.
- The story of Hanuman the monkey-faced god eating Surya, the sun God, and how the Sun Salutation became Hanuman’s offering
- What grilled cheese has in common with the Sun Salutation
- Taking something we think we know and changing it enough that we’re willing to explore it with fresh eyes
- Why I don’t teach a breath-matched-to-movement approach to Sun Salutations
- A bit information on how to integrate a little more stability into your hands, wrists and shoulders in plank posture
- Our options for not doing Chaturanga and what we can do instead
- How we approach Cobra, what we should call it, how we can cue it, and working on spinal articulation through our approach
SUBSCRIBE + WRITE A REVIEW
If you like the podcast, please leave a review or rating on iTunes! It makes it easier for others to find the podcast. If you don’t know how to leave a review, here are some instructions to leave an iTunes review.